The work at St Thomas Oakwood is almost entirely funded by the generous giving of its members. Our principal area of expenditure is staffing costs; another area is gifts to overseas mission partners and societies; and buildings and administration costs make up the balance of what we spend. We are so grateful for the generous and sacrificial giving that makes our work possible.

All of our finances are carefully monitored to try to make sure we are getting the best value for money, and that there is neither waste nor any opportunity for impropriety. We are a registered charity; audited accounts are published each year and filed with the Charity Commission. Members of the church staff will never see who gives financially (or how much) to the work of the church: only the treasurer and bookkeeper are able to see this information, and they will treat it with utmost discretion. Please contact the Treasurer if you have any questions.

How can I give?

The most helpful way to give is through a regular donation as that allows us to budget more accurately. A regular standing order donation or one-off gift can be made using our bank details below:

Account number: 60450863
Sort code: 40-11-58

Once you have set up a standing order or sent a gift, please could you email our treasurer, Chris Goodlad, to notify him. Contact details available from the church office.

You can also use this form and post with a cheque to St Thomas Oakwood, Prince George Avenue, Oakwood, London N14 4SN.

Gift Aid

If you are a UK taxpayer, please consider completing a Gift Aid declaration form; this increases the value of your donation by 25%, because we can claim back the tax you have paid. Forms can be downloaded here – please send them to the church office, marked “For the Treasurer”. (Please note that to qualify for Gift Aid you must pay UK income and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax reclaimed on your donations.)

If you want to change the level of your giving; stop giving; no longer want St Thomas to claim Gift Aid; or if your name or address changes, please contact the Treasurer.